Yarnista

a place for the love of knitting, gardening, and family

Name:
Location: Newtown, Connecticut, United States

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Noro silk garden shawl


Shawl made with 3 skeins of Noro silk garden using sz 17 needles. I took this picture at the archway to our new vegetable garden. Steve said it's not quite tall enough for him so he has to help me make a bigger one. Friday I decided to knit up a shawl for my sister in laws birthday which was today Sunday. I was able to finish it quickly using the needles that Lula at www.lulasyarnshop.com, so kindly let me borrow. Lula is such a sweet helpful person, I really enjoy shopping at her store.
This week I installed a clothesline all by myself and changed not one but two flat tires on our car. I'm so proud of me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

Wow! Your shawl turned out so pretty.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Such pretty colors! It's the perfect shawl for everyday wear and for going out -- dress it up or down. I really like those flexible pieaces.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl turned out really nice, I just love those colors! You used 17's? Thats fantastic, a quick knit with such flare. You can even use it to wrap around your waist over a simple black dress or skirt!
By the way, congradulations on changing the tires, it's not an easy job!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Sner said...

Thanks for popping by my blog. I know Perth well and I love the canal - every year we make a ceremony of the first authentic (on canal) beaver tail and go for a skate!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home