Yarnista

a place for the love of knitting, gardening, and family

Name:
Location: Newtown, Connecticut, United States

Monday, April 03, 2006

Davey Crockett 1 & 2

Davey Crockett #1



Davey Crockett #2


So here's our frontiersman, master Ryan. Tomorrow is his wax museum at school. We spent the majority of the day Sunday looking for a coonskin cap with no luck. So mom decided to knit one, well all I can say is funfur sucks!!!!!!!!!!! I knit it twice and both times it turned out crappy. I hit the goodwill store to see what I could find and I found an old wide collar jacket. I cut off the collar, sewed it back up with yarn and came up with this.

DAVEY, DAVEY CROCKETT, KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER!





3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

You, my dear, are one of the best mom's I know!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh! — what mom's go through for the sake of school projects! Good save!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute picture of Ryan ! Great effort on mom's part! Quite the imagination! I'll call soon!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home