Yarnista

a place for the love of knitting, gardening, and family

Name:
Location: Newtown, Connecticut, United States

Sunday, December 11, 2005

First Annual Scissor Squad Holiday Swap!






Last night was our first ever holiday swap for the Hat City Scissor Squad. A great time was had by all if I may say. It was so much fun to have everyone here. Ryan really thought it was a blast too. He woke up this morning saying "Mom you have good parties".
In the hours leading up to our event I was in my first ever car accident. I neglected to realize that a Hummer which had been moving through an intersection had ceased moving. The next thing I knew Steve's Honda was completely crumpled up, and the Hummer didn't have a scratch. The officer who came was very nice, helped me with my groceries and left me at the mall to wait for Steve.
Enough about that and on to the party, here are the pics of everyone opening their treasures, one of Ryan and one of Laura with Lucky perched on her. Hope everyone wants to do it again next year!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm glad you are all OK! I hope your holiday swap helped to lift your spirits back up—it looks like you all had a great time! By the way, what is Lucky? A pheasant? I'm a city/suburb girl and I am clueless :-) I'm count myself as lucky (no pun intended) if I can even identify a cardinal :-)

Also, can you email me your new address? I have a holiday package waiting to go out to you!

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! Everyone had such a good time - this is definitely our new holiday tradition for the squad.

Thanks for everything, Jennie!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home