Yarnista

a place for the love of knitting, gardening, and family

Name:
Location: Newtown, Connecticut, United States

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Our pretty kitchen and I'm heated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well, here is what I'm thankful for, our pretty new kitchen countertops isn't she nice? On the other hand as my kids at school say "I'm heated!". I was so excited because some of my homeroom students have been begging me to teach them to knit and today was going to be our big day. I brought in all my stuff, made forms for them and their parents to sign stating they would use the needles only to knit with. Now I thought I should let the principal for our house division in on what I was doing, well she told me no that the kids could do harm with them. She said it's nice that I wanted to but, no. I had to return to my homeroom to the kids excitedly asking me if I brought the goods well I got a little teary eyed. It just broke my heart. I guess these administrators don't get it that knitting could help them in other facets of their lives. I'm going to stew about it a little while then figure out what I'm going to do. I don't think I can let this one go.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh!

I swear, these adimistrators try to wipe away all the good you try to do!

Hope to see you tonight... and that kitchen looks fab!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Let me know if you need help gathering info on how good it is for the kids!

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there little sis! I knew I could get a hold of you this way! The kitchen looks GREAT ! I can't wait to see if first hand at Thanksgiving! When is the big moving day?????

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could teach them finger knitting? I've even heard of people knitting on bic pens. Are knitting needles really any more dangerous than pencils? gosh.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the pencil idea... I learned casting on with pencils when I was a kid... and wait, did this administrator ever hear of home ec classes? knitting needles used to be available in middle schools all the time in the 7th grade home ec courses. I thought those courses basically stopped because of funding not saftey. Another thing that might work as a substitue -- the tiny plastic sticks in a pixy sticks game or the Kerplunk marble game.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home