Yarnista

a place for the love of knitting, gardening, and family

Name:
Location: Newtown, Connecticut, United States

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Le Sofa en Rouge Oui ou Non?


Here at maison du Nowacki we finally got our first real couch. Now the dilemna is what color should it be? Ryan and I chose the red slipcover and the man of the house is not feelin' it. I said " But, red is the color of love sweetheart"and he said "ya now we look like we've got an orgy room. "

I had seen a red couch on a blog awhile back that I thought looked lovely so that's why I chose red. Now I'm thinkin' maybe it really doesn't suit our house. So please if you read this leave a comment on what color you think would be best choices are denim, beige, white and black toile like, beige and white checkered, red, blue and pink striped, or red on white type floral. Your comments will be thankfully welcomed!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love colored sofas, but I also live with a person of the male persuasion and I know how opposed to bright color they can be. Maybe you could find another slipcover that you both would like (instead of just leaving it plain white) This site sells really awesome slipcovers for IKEA couches - is that an ektorp?

http://bemz.com/products/2/4/5/0/11/front/

6:36 AM  
Blogger Yarnista said...

Thank ya Mary. That site does have amazing ones. I think we are going back to IKEA and getting either beige or the striped. I can always get some bright pillows for it.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so funny that you posted this, because I have an Ikea Ektorp sofa and chair that I just bought new slipcovers for yesterday. We bought that same red for the chair and the floral pattern for the sofa.

We haven't put them on yet, but I'll post it when it complete!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home