Yarnista

a place for the love of knitting, gardening, and family

Name:
Location: Newtown, Connecticut, United States

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The second time is a charm!






Can you tell I had a difficult time trying to scan their picture and upload it? At least you can get the idea of what they look like.

Our second go at IVF was a freaking success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't hardly believe it. September 1st we had 2-8 cell embies transferred back to mommy. We had the official blood test yesterday and it's positive with an hcg level of 86. A normal range at 4 weeks is anywhere between 9-120. We are all very excited. Ryan wanted to tell it to everyone in his world. We won't know for a few weeks if it'll be twins. The doc said if the number is low you can pretty much rule out twins but if it is high it's not a guarantee. I go back tomorrow for another hcg level.
I developed something called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome so I'm pretty uncomfortable and in pain. But the pain has been getting better and I'm going back to see the naturopathic doc so she can do more accupuncture with me. I basically have an abdomen full of fluid and I look like I'm 7 months pregnant. The symptoms tend to get worse if you are preggo. They checked me yesterday and there is a whole lotta fluid but not to the point where I have to have it drained in the hospital.
My big bosses at work are not too happy because they have no sub for my co teacher and now I'm not there either. I tried to work Monday and Tuesday but it was just too much. I had no patience for the kids and had them by myself because of having no sub. So the doc said to stay home at least until Monday. They'll just have to deal with it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home